JEE (Main) Entrance Exam
JEE Main, or commonly known as Joint Entrance Exam, is one of the most important Engineering Entrance Exams, conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Every year, thousands of applicants appear for this examination to get an entry admission to Bachelors of Engineering course in prestigious engineering colleges. JEE Main is one of the famous and recognized levels of entrance exam for 10+2 candidates to get entry to seek admission in IIT as well.
For admission to NITs, Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) like IIITs etc. and other participating Institutions, the merit/rank list shall be prepared based on 40% weightage to school Boards marks in Class 12th
or equivalent examination and 60% weightage to JEE (Main)
. The weightage to school Board/Equivalent examination marks shall be considered only after normalization.
The States of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland and Odisha
have joined JEE (Main) system. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main) – 2016 application form online.
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility
There are important and strict eligibility criteria, fixed by the Board for the examination. One has to make sure to follow the criteria before appearing for the JEE Main 2016 exam.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1991 are eligible. However, in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates, who are born on or after October 01, 1986, are eligible.(Note: Date of birth mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.)
- Those who have passed class 12th exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2015 or 2016; or those who are appearing in their class 12th exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear.
- Students are allowed three attempts for JEE Main.
JEE Main 2016 Admit Cards
The admit card of JEE Main 2016 would be available on the official website (jeemain.nic.in) from the 2nd week of March, 2016
. One can download their admit card from the website as well. To download the E-Admit card, enter registered number or application number, date of birth and password.
JEE Main 2016 Exam Dates
The important dates for the prestigious JEE Main 2016 Entrance Exam:Tentative dates are as following
: 1st week of November, 2015
Last date for online submissionÂ
: 3rd week of December, 2015
Download Admit CardÂ
: 2nd week of March, 2016
Written exam of JEE Main 2016Â
: April 2016
Official answer keys along-with the OMR sheetsÂ
: 3rd week of April 2016
: End of the month of April 2016
All India Rank declarations
: May 2016
JEE (Main) – 2016 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning). Depending upon on the course (s) candidates are seeking admission, may take Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech.), or Paper-2 (B. Arch. / B. Planning), or both.
Information provided below only for Paper-1 (B.E. / B. Tech).
What is the difference between JEE Main and JEE Advanced?
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Type of Questions: Objective type with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Mode of Exam: Pen and Paper based Exam OR Computer based Exam
There are several differences between JEE Main and Advanced. Some of the major ones include:
- Every candidate clearing the eligibility criteria can appear for the JEE (Main). However, the JEE (Advanced) is an option only for the top 1.5 lakh JEE Main
- Every candidate clearing the eligibility criteria can appear for theJEE (Main). However, the JEE (Advanced) is an option only for the top 1.5 lakh JEE Main
- The JEE Main can be appeared for only three times in a lifetime. The JEE Advanced can be attempted for a maximum of two times in consecutive years.