About VITEEE (VIT Engineering Examination):
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development conferred University status on Vellore Engineering College in 2001. The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA. It is conducted for admission into the B. Tech (Bachelor of Technology) program offered in its affiliated institute/college.
Important Dates of VITEEE-2016:
- Date of Exam: 6th APRIL (Wednesday) to 17th APRIL (Sunday) 2016.
- Issue of VITEEE-2016 online and offline application forms starts from 27th November 2015 Onwards.
- Candidates can EDIT their submitted online application form (except address column) upto 29th February 2016. This Edit option is applicable only for online applicants.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates whose date of birth fall on or after 1st July 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2016.
- Candidates appearing for the VITEEE in 2016 should have secured an aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for the SC/ST & North Eastern State.
- Candidates who have studied in Regular, Full Time and Formal Education are only eligible to apply.
- ‘NIOS’ candidates are eligible to appear for the VITEEE-2016.