AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam
AIIMS MBBS 2016 popularly known as All India Institute of Medical Sciences is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam conducted to offer admission in MBBS program. AIIMS entrance exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (New Delhi). Those applicants who have an interest shall fill the application form from the month of March, 2016. AIIMS MBBS 2016 result shall be the basis for admission to 672 MBBS seats in 7 AIIMS institutions located across India. Among 672 MBBS seats in AIIMS, 72 seats are in AIIMS-Delhi and the remaining 600 seats are in 6 new AIIMS institutions. This exam shall be conducted in 154 cities across the nation. AIIMS 2016 MBBS entrance exam shall be held in the 1st week of June, 2016.
AIIMS MBBS Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for AIIMS 2016 MBBS exam only if they satisfy following condition:
- Age Criteria -Applicants must complete 17 years on or before 31st December, 2016 at the time of admission.
- Education Qualification -Applicants must complete 10 + 2 examination or its equivalent exam from a recognized university with English and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as subjects to apply for the examination.
- Applicants must have scored at least 60% aggregate in case of general and OBC category applicants in PCB subjects taken together (50% in case of SC/ ST category applicants)
- Applicants who are overseas citizen of India are eligible to write AIIMS MBBS 2016 only if they produce the document of Registration under section 7A of citizenship act 1955. Applicant age and education requirement for these candidates remain the same as above.
AIIMS 2016 MBBS Exam Pattern
- The exam shall be in Hindi and English, no other language will be available.
- The format of the paper is computer based and consists of 200 multiple choice questions.
- The exam will be about 3 hours 30 minutes.
- Applicant’s 1/3 mark will be reduced for each wrong answer and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
- The distribution of the subject and question is as follows:
||No of Questions