National Testing Agency introduces new marking and ranking scheme for entrance to engineering and architecture colleges.
IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER….
1. Each session will have its own percentile score with highest scorer(s) as 100 percentile.
2. A master NTA Score will be prepared where all the sessions of Main 1 will be put together for a final ranking.
3. The top ranked candidate in the final ranking of Main 1 will be the 100 percentile.
4. The tie breaker between the 100 percentile scorers (or any percentile rank) will be the highest percentile in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in that order.
5. If the scorers are tied even after this, the older person will be ranked higher.
6. The same method of ranking (step 1-5) will be applied to the Main 2 exam.
7. A final merit list will be announced after Main 2 exam.
8. For those who take both cycles of the exam, the better percentile will count in the final merit list.