National Testing Agency introduces new marking and ranking scheme for entrance to engineering and architecture colleges.
Why a new system?
- This became necessary because the test format will change from 2019
- From 2019, JEE-Main will be conducted twice (January & April) in multiple sessions.
- The multiple choice tests will be computer based.
- An aspirant can appear in both the cycles (Main 1 & Main 2)
- Though there is no change in the pattern and difficulty level of the test, candidates will have different questions.
What is the new way of Ranking?
IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER….
1. Each session will have its own percentile score with highest scorer(s) as 100 percentile.
2. A master NTA Score will be prepared where all the sessions of Main 1 will be put together for a final ranking.
3. The top ranked candidate in the final ranking of Main 1 will be the 100 percentile.
4. The tie breaker between the 100 percentile scorers (or any percentile rank) will be the highest percentile in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry in that order.
5. If the scorers are tied even after this, the older person will be ranked higher.
6. The same method of ranking (step 1-5) will be applied to the Main 2 exam.
7. A final merit list will be announced after Main 2 exam.
8. For those who take both cycles of the exam, the better percentile will count in the final merit list.