What is AIIMS?
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences or commonly known as AIIMS MBBS 2019 is a national level undergraduate medical entrance exam to enroll candidates into the MBBS program offered at 14 AIIMS in the country. Nearly 2 lakh aspirants register each year.
- The exam is managed by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Through this exam, candidates can get admission into nine AIIMS Institutions located in New Delhi, Bhopal, Rishikesh, Patna, Jodhpur, Guntur, Nagpur, Raipur & Bhubaneshwar.
- AIIMS MBBS Registration 2019 (Stage 1) has begun from November 30, 2018. AIIMS has revised the entire form filling procedure. From this year, it will be a two-stage process comprising of
- Basic Registration: will continue till January 3, 2019. Apply Now!
- Final Registration: formalities of the final registration process will continue till March 2019
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 is scheduled for May 25 and 26 in two shifts. The computer-based exam will have 200 MCQ from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge.
AIIMS 2019-Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who wish to apply for AIIMS 2019 are required to fulfill certain eligibility criteria set by the board. Only those who fulfill the eligibility criteria will be allowed to attend the examination.
- Age: Applicants must have completed 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31, 2019.
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian nationals. Overseas Citizens of India and Non-Resident Indians are also eligible.
- Qualification: Applicants must have passed 12th class from any recognized board or university with English, Biology, Physics, and Chemistry as subjects. 60% marks are required for OBC& general category candidates while SC/ST/OBC candidates require 50% to apply for the exam.
- Note: Candidates appearing for qualifying exam are also eligible. Candidates appearing for qualifying exam are also eligible.
AIIMS 2019-Application Process
- Mode of Application: Candidates, those seek admission into MBBS course, they can fill application through online mode. The registration can be done in two parts, i.e. basic registration & final registration. AIIMS basic registration has been started from 30th November 2018. In basic registration, candidates are able to fill their basic details and upload images. Final registration can be done from 21st February to 12th March 2019. Save print copy of the downloaded application form/registration slip for admission purpose. There will not need to submit the application/registration slip to the officials via offline mode.
- Mode of Payment: Fee payment can be done during the final registration. Candidates will deposit the application fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
- Application Fee: The application fee is Rs. 1500 for GEN/OBC (Creamy & Non-Creamy) categories. For SC/ST category, the fee is Rs. 1200.
- Application Correction: Candidates appearing for qualifying exam are also eligible.
AIIMS 2019- Admit Cards
- The AIIMS 2019 admit card are reeased for all the eligible candidates through online mode on the official website.
- Candidates can download it from 15th May 2019.
- Note that the university will not send the AIIMS hall ticket through the postal system.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter in the examination hall by personal appearance without a valid admit card.
- Candidates also have to bring a valid ID proof (Aadhaar Card/Voter ID/Passport/12th Class Board Admit Card) and one photograph.
AIIMS 2019-Exam Dates
- Basic registration starts: 30th November 2018
- Last date for basic registration: 3rd January 2019
- Status update (Accepted & Not Accepted) of Basic Registration: 7th January 2019
- Correction of deficiencies in Basic Registration: 8th – 18th January 2019
- Final status (Accepted & Rejected) of Basic Registration: 22nd January 2019
- Prospectus upload: 29th January 2019
- Generation of Code for Final Registration: 29th January – 17th February 2019
- Final Registration: 21st February – 12th March 2019
- Admit Card Availability: 15th May 2019
- Date of Examination: 25th & 26th May 2019
- Result Declaration: 12th June 2019
- 1st Counselling Starts: 1st week of July 2019
- 2nd Counselling Starts: 1st week of August 2019
- 3rd Counselling Starts: 1st week of September 2019
- Open Counselling (If Required): 4th week of September 2019
AIIMS 2019-Exam Pattern
- Mode: AIIMS entrance exam will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- Shifts: The examination will be organized in two shifts, i.e. 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (Morning) & 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM (Afternoon).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3½ hours.
- Language: The question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 multiple choice (objective & reason-assertion) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will get a score of one mark.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will get a score of – ⅓ mark.
Tips from us to Prepare for AIIMS
- Make a time schedule & divide equal time for each subject, i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Prepare from the class 11th & 12th NCERT books & other study material.
- Try to solve last year’s question papers & sample papers.
- Apart from the main subjects, you can also be updated with current affairs for the GK section of the examination.
- Practice & Prepare for Online mock tests.
- Take break time while preparing for the examination.