BITSAT Entrance Exam
Grade XI & XII
What is BITSAT ?
BITSAT or Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test is a university level exam organized by the BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan for enrolling into its Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under the Integrated First-Degree Program.
BITS is one of the leading and most renowned engineering institutes in India and the BITSAT ENTRANCE EXAM tests a student’s subject knowledge extensively.
Eligibility Criteria :
Candidates should have passed the 12th Board examination
Admissions to all the programmes are subject to the conditions given below: The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology subjects.
Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT. However, their eligibility for admission is subject to fulfilling the requirement of minimum marks in 12th examination, as mentioned above.
The detailed eligibility criteria, application procedure, and prescribed application form will be available at www.bitsadmission.com
BITSAT – Exam Pattern
- Test Format: Each session of BITSAT will be of total 3-hour duration (without break).
- The tests' sessions consist of four parts:
Part I : Physics
Part II : Chemistry
Part III : (a) English Proficiency and (b) Logical Reasoning
Part IV : Mathematics or Biology (For B. Pharm candidates)
- All questions are of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with a choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1 mark). No marks are awarded for questions not attempted. While the candidate can skip a question, the computer will not allow the candidate to choose more than one option as the correct answer.
Tips from us to Prepare for BITSAT
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus before starting to prepare for the exam.
- Divide your time accordingly and prepare a time-table
- Take help from NCERT books and previous year question papers.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern for exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress and prepare calmly for your exams.
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly.
- Refer topics and books recommended by Knowledge Planet.
- Keep short notes handy for last minute revision.
- Basic syllabus is similar to JEE Main, so there is not a lot of extra preparation required for candidates as long as they are doing their JEE preparation seriously.
- Solve numerous previous years sample papers and analyse your speed, accuracy after each practice session.
- Stay healthy and maintain a deep commitment to your preparation.
Our Latest Blog
Get your Child the
Knowledge Planet Advantage !