What is BITSAT ?
- BIT SAT or Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test is a university level exam organized by the BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan for enrolling into its Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad campuses under the Integrated First-Degree Program.
- BITS is one of the leading and most renowned engineering institutes in India and the BITSAT ENTRANCE EXAM tests a student’s subject knowledge extensively.
- Candidates who are aspiring to get in various degree courses offered by Pilani campus, K.K. Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus of BITS are required to attend the BITSAT entrance exam.
- It is a computer-based exam and is mandatory for the students to qualify the BITSAT 2019 exam to get admission in various courses for the academic year 2019-20.
- Through BITSAT exam, students will get admission in BE, B.Pharma & M.Sc. courses in various specializations.
- Cracking this test is not child’s play as it is one of the hardest online engineering entrance exams in the country. Here are some important pieces of info about BITSAT exam that can help you get an inch closer to your dreams of making your way into one of the BITS campuses.
BITSAT 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
Remember that BITSAT sets its own eligibility criteria which must be adhered to for attending the examination.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should have passed 12th exams of 10+2 system in the year 2018 from any recognized board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have PCM subjects (PCB subjects for B.Pharma) with adequate proficiency in English. However students with PCM subjects can also apply for pharmacy.
- Minimum Marks: In the qualifying exam candidates have obtained 75% in PCM/PCB and also have scored minimum 60% marks in each subject.
- Appearing Candidates: Students appearing in the 12th exams in the year 2019 are eligible to apply.
- Note: If students has taken more than one attempt in the 12th class then the latest performance will be considered. Candidates who are presently studying in BITS and any of its campuses they are not eligible to apply.
BITSAT 2019 – Application Process
The application form of BITSAT 2019 will be available tentatively from third week of December 2018. BITSAT 2019 application form will be filled online where candidates need to submit their details like education qualification, qualifying marks, name, gender, communication address, contact information etc. Along the form, candidates will have to pay the application fees of BITSAT 2019 as requisite by the authorizes.
- Mode of Applying: Students will be able to fill the BITSAT application form through online mode. Only one application form will be accepted by each candidate. The university will provide one-time correction facility to the candidates.
- Mode of Paying: Payment can be done through debit/credit card and net banking. Students can also pay by cash payment through generated Pay-in Slip.
- Application Fee: For Indian exam centres, the application fee will be Rs. 2950/- for male candidates and Rs. 2450/- for female candidates. For Dubai exam centre, candidates have to pay Rs. 4500/- (US$70).The application fee is non-refundable.
BITSAT 2019 – Admit Cards
- BITSAT 2019 Admit Card is an important document without which the candidate would not be allowed to sit for the exams. BITSAT 2019 Admit Card is released by the 3rd week of June.
- Only those candidates who have filled and successfully submitted the application forms before the last date will only be able to download and view there BITSAT 2019 Admit Card.
- Make sure you affix your recent passport size photograph and carry it to the examination hall on the day of the exam. Candidates will be able to download the BITSAT 2019 Admit Card from bitsadmission.com.
- Candidates note that allotment of the test centre will be done on the basis of the preference provided by the candidate.
- Once, the final allotment has been done by the authorities, any request regarding the change of the test centre allotment wouldn’t be entertained by the BITS Pilani.
BITSAT 2019 – Exam Dates
- Application form release: 3rd week of December 2018
- Last date to submit the application: 2nd week of March 2019
- Application editing window: 2nd to 3rd week of March 2019
- Allotment of exam centre: 4th week of March 2019
- Slot booking by candidates: 4th week of March to 1st week of April 2019
- Release of hall ticket: 2nd week of April to 2nd week of May 2019
- Exam date: 3rd week to last week of May 2019
- Apply for admission (basis of 12th marks): 1st week of May to 3rd week of June 2019
- Admit list and wait list release: 3rd week of June 2019
BITSAT 2019 – Exam Pattern
- Exam Duration: The duration of exam will be three hours.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted through computer based online mode (CBT).
- Type of Questions: There will be objective type (multiple choice questions) asked in the exam.
- Sections: The exam will comprise of four sections, i.e. physics, chemistry, English proficiency & logical reasoning and Mathematics or Biology.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for wrong answer. No marks will be given for un-attempted questions.
Tips from us to Prepare for BITSAT
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus before starting to prepare for the exam.
- Divide your time accordingly and prepare a time-table
- Take help from NCERT books and previous year question papers.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern for exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress and prepare calmly for your exams.
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly
- Understand the exam pattern well
- Refer topics and books recommended by the toppers and experts.
- Keep short notes handy for last minute revision
- Solve numerous previous years sample papers and analyse your speed, accuracy after each practise session.