What is KEAM?
- KEAM 2019 examination is regulated by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE), Kerala.
- The exam is conducted annually to offer admission to interested candidates in BTech offered by various government and private colleges in the state of Kerala.
- Candidates seeking admission to engineering degree courses in the state (which have been approved by the Government of Kerala) need to appear for KEAM 2019.
KEAM 2019 – Eligibility Criteria
The CEE sets forth the eligibility criteria for the KEAM 2019 examinations. Candidates intending to appear for this exam must full fill the below given criteria.
- Nationality: Indian Nationals/PIO/OCI candidates can apply. Candidates seeking admission to these courses will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) & Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- Age: The minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 31st December 2019. There is no upper age limit to apply.
- Qualification: For engineering one must have passed the Higher Secondary or its equivalent examination and must have 50% marks in mathematics separately & in PCM subject together in the above stated examination. There is a 5% relaxation for the reserved category candidates. If you are applying for Medical & Allied (MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, and Forestry), at the state level, no entrance exam will be organized. However, you must qualify NEET exam & satisfy the nativity conditions stipulated in KEAM 2019.If you are aspiring for architecture course, you must qualify National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) examination.
KEAM 2019 – Application Process
- Mode of Application : KEAM registration 2019 will be started in the first week of February 2019. Candidates will be able to fill the KEAM 2019 online application only through online mode. The authority will also offer the application form correction facility via online mode.
- Mode of Payment: At this step, the candidate has to provide payment details of application fee. Any candidate who does not belong to SC/ST community will be treated as General category candidate for the collection of application fee.
- Application Fee : The application fee for all candidates will be as follows: General : Rs.800/- and for SC / ST : Rs.400/- . ST candidates whose annual family income is below Rs 40,000 are exempted from payment of application fee on condition that they produce income certificate and caste certificate from the Revenue Authority.
- Note: Candidates have to fill only one application for admission to any or all of the course. The last date to fill the application will be the last week of February 2019.
KEAM 2019 – Admit Cards
- Commissioner for Entrance Exams (CEE) typically releases the admit cards for KEAM in the month of April, every year. KEAM admit cards are made available for download on the official website of CEE.
- It is mandatory for candidates to carry their exam admit card to the allotted KEAM test centre. Candidates who fail to do so will not be allowed to enter the test centre. Please note that KEAM hall ticket will be issued to candidates only if they comply with the exam eligibility norms.
- The admit card of KEAM 2019 is one of the most important document to be carried to the test centre. Besides being used on the exam day, the KEAM admit card will be required during the exam counselling process as well.
KEAM 2019 – Exam Dates
- Online Application Release: 1st week of February 2019
- Last date for submission of application including Fee payment: Last week of February 2019
- Last date for receipt of printout of application along with supporting documents: Last week of February 2019
- Admit Card Release: 2nd week of April 2019
- KEAM Exam Date 2019 (Engineering Exam): 4th week of April 2019
- Answer Key Publish: 4th week of April 2019
- Declaration of Results: 3rd week of May 2019
- Counselling Starts: 4th week of June 2019
KEAM 2019 – Exam Pattern
- Papers: The examination will be consisting of two papers, i.e. PAPER 1 (Physics & Chemistry) & PAPER 2 (Mathematics).
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2½ hours for each paper.
- Mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Type of Questions: In the examination, total 120 multiple choice questions will be asked.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 480 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: For the incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
Tips from us to Prepare for KEAM
- Understand the exam pattern well
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern for exam preparation.
- Don’t take stress and prepare calmly for your exams.
- Refer topics and books recommended by the toppers and experts.
- Keep short notes handy for last minute revision
- Gather all the details about the officially prescribed syllabus before starting to prepare for the exam.
- Practice mock test for a good result.
- Solve sample papers & previous years question papers.
- Stay fit and takes proper sleep during the exam preparations.