VITEEE Entrance Exam
Grade XI & XII
What is VITEEE ?
VITEEE university level entrance exam is conducted by the VIT University, Tamil Nadu.
VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College.
VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination) is a gateway to get admission in the four years of various B.Tech programs.
Tech aspirants wishing to join Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) must appear for VITEEE and qualify in it. VITEEE is the annual entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admissions to its campuses at Vellore and Chennai as well as its group universities at Bhopal and Amaravati respectively.
The applicant should be a Resident / Non Resident Indian National / PIO.
Foreign Candidates studied/studying abroad can apply directly through foreign category only at https://admissions.vit.ac.in/ugirapplication/
Candidates applying for UG Engineering admission should have either completed or shall be appearing, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board; Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE, New Delhi), The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- As per VIT Norms, Regular 'NIOS' board candidates are also eligible for Undergraduate Engineering programmes. Applicants should produce the Migration Cum Transfer Certificate at the time of joining.
- They should also provide the marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and Total (including all subjects) and upload the scanned copy of the mark list and other relevant documents whenever available on the application form.
- For Indian nationals/ NRI/ PIO card holder, appearance in VITEEE is mandatory to be eligible for B. Tech. admission under regular mode (Applicants under International/NRI quota exempted) . In case VITEEE gets cancelled due to natural calamities, qualifying criteria may be substituted with higher secondary marks or JEE or a valid SAT.
Eligibility Criteria For The Qualifying Examination:
- Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission should have secured minimum aggregate of 55% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate).
- Candidates applying for the Undergraduate Engineering admission should have passed with minimum aggregate of 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir/ Ladakh and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura. CERTIFICATE TO PROVE COMMUNITY / NATIVITY should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Candidates having studied Mathematics/Physics/Chemistry in +2 / Higher Secondary Board are eligible for all the B.Tech. Programmes
- Candidates having studied Biology/Physics/Chemistry in +2/ Higher Secondary Board are eligible for the following Bio stream programmes only. Upon joining, the students need to mandatorily register for a bridge course in Mathematics
- B.Tech. Bio-engineering(VIT-Bhopal)
- B.Tech. Biotechnology(VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialisation in Bioinformatics(VIT, Vellore)
- B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering (Specialization in Health Informatics) (VIT-Bhopal)
- Selection is based on the rank secured through CBT (Computer Based Test).
- Selected candidates will be called for online counselling based on their ranking.
- Eligible Candidates may select specific campus and programme during the Counselling.
- After payment of full fees classes will be conducted online / reporting in person to the Institution.
For details on NRI admissions : [email protected]
Tips from us to Prepare for VITEEE
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly
- Make sure you plan ahead of time
- Make short notes for last minute revision
- Regularly revise your syllabus to avoid forgetting
- Be aware of the exam pattern
- Refer books recommended by KP teachers
- While no special preparation is required for VITEEE as long as students are preparing for exams such as JEE Main, practice several previous years question papers to familiarize with paper pattern
- Stay calm and prepare for the exam without worrying about any challenges
- Look after your health and stay fit
Our Latest Blog
Get your Child the
Knowledge Planet Advantage !