What is VITEEE ?
- VITEEE 2019 university level entrance exam is conducted by the VIT University, Tamil Nadu.
- VIT University, established under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission (UGC) Act, 1956, was founded in 1984 as a self-financing Institution called the Vellore Engineering College.
- The University is headed by its founder and Chancellor, Dr. G. Viswanathan, a former Parliamentarian and Minister in the Tamil Nadu Government. In recognition of his service to India in offering world class education, he was conferred an honorary doctorate by the West Virginia University, USA.
- VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination) is a gateway to get admission in the four years of various B.Tech programme.
- Tech aspirants wishing to join Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) must appear for VITEEE 2019 and qualify in it. VITEEE is the annual entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admissions to its campuses at Vellore and Chennai as well as its group universities at Bhopal and Amaravati respectively.
- VITEEE 2019 Application Form Status has been released.
All candidates who wish to apply for VITEEE 2019 are advised to check the eligibility criteria before moving ahead with their application. Below are the details on the eligibility criteria set for VITEEE.
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian Resident. NRIs can also apply. PIO/OCI candidates who have studied in schools located in India in the preceding two years are also eligible to apply.
- Age Requirement: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st July 1997 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2019. Candidates must have completed the age of 17 years as on 1st July of the admission year.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates who have either completed any of the following qualifying exams or shall be appearing in 2019 are eligible to apply. Pass percentage in class 12 or equivalent exam. Candidates should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/Intermediate) while there is a relaxation of 10% for candidates belonging to SC, ST, J&K, North Eastern states. Candidates belonging to these categories should produce the documents at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
- Note: Other Open School candidates are not eligible for VITEEE.
- Mode of Application: Candidates can apply online at the official site of VITEEE. Candidates can also apply offline by availing the application forms at the designated post offices. The application form of VITEEE 2019 is also available at the Vellore Institute of Technology campuses .
- Mode of Payment: You can pay the required amount for the application both via online and offline facilities.
- Application fee: While applying online you need to pay Rs 1150 to get your application form, whereas if you are getting your application form offline then you need to pay an amount of Rs 1200 in cash to get your application form from the specified post offices. Also, you’ll be required to pay a demand draft of Rs 1200 drawn in favour of the Vellore Institute of Technology if you are getting the application form from the Vellore Institute of Technology campuses.
Note: NRI Candidates can pay a demand draft of 50 USD by sending it along with the hard copy of application form to the Vellore Institute of Technology.
- After the completion of slot booking, VITEEE 2019 admit card is generated online for the candidates. Candidates have to click on the download option given therein and print the admit card of VITEEE 2019.
- Candidates must check the details mentioned in the VITEEE admit card for discrepancies and get them corrected if any.
- Candidates will also receive a copy of the admit card of VITEEE 2019 on their email for which they must ensure that they provide a valid email id in their application form.
- Opening of application form: 28th October 2018
- Last date of application form: 28th February 2019
- Application correction Up to: 28th February 2019
- Starting of slot booking: 3rd week of March 2019
- Downloading of admit card: Just after the slot booking
- Date of exam: 10th – 21st April 2019
- Declaration of result: Last week of April 2019
- Commencement of counselling: 2nd week of May 2019
- Mode: The exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Duration of Exam: 2 hours 30 minutes will be allotted for the exam.
- Type of Questions: All questions will be of multiple-choice questions.
- Total Questions: 125 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Language of Exam: The language of the test will be English.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
Tips from us to Prepare for VITEEE
- Revise your syllabi thoroughly
- Make sure you plan ahead of time
- Make short notes for last minute revision
- Regularly revise your syllabus to avoid forgetting
- Be aware of the exam pattern
- Refer books recommended by toppers and experts
- Practice several previous years question papers
- Stay calm and prepare for the exam
- Look after your health and stay fit.